Transformation Lighthouse collects and processes personal data in accordance with the Act on Protection of Personal Data (Uradni list RD, št. 94/07) and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) of European Parliament and Council with the date of 27 April 2016 on data protection and privacy for all individuals and on free flow of such data and on annulment of Directive 95/46/ES (in future referenced as: “Data Protection Directive”) and other regulations that regulate the protection of personal data.
What kind of personal data is collected and processed?
Personal data collected and processed on the website is personal data of users that register to participate at Hackathon events and users that sign up to receive newsletters. This personal data includes name, surname, e-mail address, phone number, postal address, date of birth, level of education and CV.
Why is personal data collected and processed?
Transformation Lighthouse processes user’s personal data for different purposes:
- Processing of personal data of unregistered users on the website for receiving newsletters.
Processing of the following personal data: name, surname and email address. The user provides this personal data freely but necessarily in order to use mentioned services. Withdrawal from providing the personal data will result in Transformation Lighthouse not being able to provide access to services for the user.
- Processing of personal data as a result of registration to participate at Hackathon event
For purposes of using the service to participate at Hackathon event, the following personal data of user is processed: name and surname, email address, phone number, postal address, date of birth, level of education and CV. The user provides this personal data freely but necessarily in order to use mentioned services. Withdrawal from providing the personal data will result in Transformation Lighthouse not being able to provide access to services for the user.
- Processing of personal data for direct marketing
Processing of the following personal data: name, surname and email address, can be processed for the purpose of direct marketing through email by Transformation Lighthouse, such as: sending news and advertisement, sending electronic messages, invitations to social events and re-marketing in social media in connection with other media providers, e.g. Facebook or Google.
If demanded by law, the Company Transformation Lighthouse will ask the user to approve explicit consent to process user’s personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. The user can withdraw his consent at anytime by sending an email to the below mentioned email address of the Company Transformation Lighthouse or by using the “Unsubscribe from any news on direct marketing” link provided in every email from the Company Transformation Lighthouse that contains communication on direct marketing. User’s consent withdrawal will not affect the provision of services to the user and the lawfulness of consent-based processing before its withdrawal.
- Processing of personal data as a result of publishing one’s own opinion and sharing posts on social media
User’s have the option to share their opinions, impressions and experiences with other interested visitors to the website of Transformation Lighthouse and with their friends and contacts on social media platforms Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Google. Publication of each opinion or service satisfaction rating demands that the user consents with sharing the opinion on social networks. The user provides his personal data freely, but necessarily in order to publish his own opinion or share the post on social networks.
- Processing of personal data as a result of fulfilling legal requirements
The Company Transformation Lighthouse can process personal data of a user with the purpose of fulfilling the legal requirements imposed by the authorities. This particularly involves (i) processing of information on service payments to fulfil tax and accounting obligations and (ii) disclosing information demanded by authorities, including courts, on the basis and in scope of generally accepted provisions.
- Processing of personal data for the purpose of legal interests that the Company Transformation Lighthouse or a third person is following if this legal interest does not prevail over the interests or fundamental rights or freedom of the user.
Transformation Lighthouse can process personal data of a user with the purpose of establishment, exercise and defence of legal claims of the Company Transformation Lighthouse to protect the rights or interests of the Company Transformation Lighthouse, of other users or of third persons, or for the purpose of reorganisation, including sale, merger or other business divestment of Transformation Lighthouse, entirely or partially.
To whom do we disclose the personal data?
Transformation Lighthouse can disclose the personal data to:
- Service providers that carry out services for the Company Transformation Lighthouse and enable that Transformation Lighthouse provides services to its users. Services that could be demanded are for example: enabling infrastructure and IT services, enabling customer services, improvement of services provided by Transformation Lighthouse, and optimisation of website. If not necessary or required by law, service providers are not authorized to disclose or use personal data of the user for their own purposes, but rather act on behalf of and following instructions of Transformation Lighthouse.
- Service providers that carry out services for Transformation Lighthouse and enable Transformation Lighthouse to carry out marketing activities, including direct marketing for own services and products, market research analysis and statistical analysis, and re-marketing through social media, e.g. Facebook and Google. If not necessary or required by law, service providers are not authorized to disclose or use personal data of the user for their own purposes, but rather act on behalf of and following instructions of Transformation Lighthouse.
- Authorities, including courts, tribunals, regulators, or other public authorities, in the frame necessary to: (i) carry out legal requirements imposed to Transformation Lighthouse; (ii) protect and uphold the rights of Transformation Lighthouse, rights of other user or third persons, including the rights of intellectual property; (iii) ensure the safety of Transformation Lighthouse, other user, or third person.
Above mentioned companies can be located in countries outside of the European Union, including USA, where the level of data protection may not be as complete as in the European Union, including countries on which the European Commission has or has not accepted a decision that confirms that these countries provide an adequate level of personal data protection (in future referenced as: “Third Countries”).
In case of data transfer into the Third Countries, the Company Transformation Lighthouse will commit to provide adequate safety measures to protect personal data of the user. Adequate safety measures can be used especially with the use of agreements on transfers of personal data that are based on general provisions of data protection accepted by the European Commission or an adequate control authority for data protection and approved by the European Commission.
User’s rights in relation to personal data
User can demand from Transformation Lighthouse to implement the following user rights:
- The right of access and rectification of his personal data;
- Right to object to the processing of his personal data for direct marketing;
- Right to object the processing of his personal data;
- Right to erasure in case:
- Personal data is no longer necessary for the reasons mentioned in the upper 3rd article;
- The user withdraws consent on which processing was based and there is no other legal basis for processing of his personal data;
- Personal data has been processed without legal basis;
- Personal data needs to be erased in order to be in accordance with legal requirement imposed to Transformation Lighthouse by law;
5. Right to restrict processing in case:
- The user disputes with the accuracy of personal data, i.e. for the period of time that permits Transformation Lighthouse to verify the accuracy of personal data;
- The processing has no legal basis but the user disapproves the erasure of personal data and demands a restriction of its use instead;
- Transformation Lighthouse has no more need for the user’s personal data for the purposes mentioned in the upper 3rd article but the user demands the data for establishment, exercise and defence of legal claims.
Any of the above-mentioned claims and/or notifications can be sent by postal mail, phone or e-mail to address:
Transformation Lighthouse d.o.o.
Cesta IV. Prekomorske 13
Phone number: 041-289 831
The claim and/or notice has to include information about name, surname and e-mail address in order to verify if such claim and/or notice has actually originated from the user.
If the User will send an e-mail without mentioning any other means of communication, the Company Transformation Lighthouse will consider the claims of the user and will communicate with the user by using his user email address.
Duration of the data processing
The processing of user’s personal data will be performed as long as necessary to fulfil the intention of processing for which the personal data was collected and processed, unless the law determines a specific time limit for individual processing. Personal data will be processed within the time limit of a contractual relationship, until the participant cancels his consent to programs or competitions organized by Transformation Lighthouse in case this is the basis for the processing. After the termination of the contract, personal data can be processed in the following manner:
- For the purposes of establishment, exercise and defence of legal claims of the Company Transformation Lighthouse – without intervening with the article d) below;
- For the purposes of direct marketing – until the user retracts his consent to such processing or objects to the use of his personal data for purposes of direct marketing;
- To coincide to fulfil legal requirements imposed to the Company Transformation Lighthouse; and
- For any legal, regulatory and administrative procedure, including respecting the conclusions and decisions of adequate courts or administration or national bodies to the extent of the law frames.
After the termination of the above-mentioned period, the personal data of the user will be erased.
Functions of social media and providers of payment services third persons
Our website is not intended for children under the age of 15. You need to be at least 15 years old to use the website and/or services of the Company Transformation Lighthouse. We do not collect the data of those under the age of 15 consciously. If you are under the age of 15, do not use the services of the Company Transformation Lighthouse and do not send your personal data to us. If you have a child that is under the age of 15 and you are aware that your child has sent his personal data to the Company Transformation Lighthouse, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0038641289831 and demand enforcement of rights to access, rectify, erase, and/or object.
Connections to other websites
Our website can contain connections to external websites. Transformation Lighthouse encourages you to read the privacy and protection policy of such connected external websites where personal data protection practice can differ from ours. Transformation Lighthouse does not take responsibility for collecting, processing, and revealing of data on external websites to which a visitor can access through the website of the Company Transformation Lighthouse. We warn you to read the privacy policies of these external websites before you send them your personal data.
For further information about cookies please click here.
Maintenance of data protection means providing confidentiality, integrity and accessibility (for authorised purposes) of personal data. Confidentiality means that only people with permission to use the data can access it. Integrity means that personal data must be accurate and suitable for the purpose for which it’s being processed. Accessibility means that authorised users have access to the data if they need it for accredited purposes. According to this, the Company Transformation Lighthouse will provide that adequate measures are accepted which will act against illegal or unauthorised processing of personal data and against accidental loss or damage to personal data. These principles will be implemented with the introduction of adequate safety measures in hardware and software (including physical entry and access system control, locks, alarms, firewalls etc.). The Company Transformation Lighthouse has established procedures and technologies for keeping personal data safe from the point of collection up to the point of erasure.
Rights and legal assets
Transformation Lighthouse d.o.o.
Cesta IV. Prekomorske 13
You can also send us an e-mail to email@example.com or call us on 0038641289831.
In case of violation of rights connected with the processing of personal data, you can appeal to Information Commissioner (Informacijski pooblaščenec, Zaloška 59, 1000 Ljubljana or firstname.lastname@example.org
For faster and more efficient solutions or answers to your questions on data protection, it is advised you first send the appeal or questions to the Company Transformation Lighthouse before referring to authorities.
We thank you for your trust!
Transformation Lighthouse d.o.o.